How To Send a Christmas Package to Dean

Monday, September 2, 2013

Letter September 2


here in this mission (as you already know, but more for others' benefit) we are a little more blessed than most other missions. I can't say exactly why (as with many things in the gospel, 1 Nephi 11:17 or elder Holland's recent talk which you cited last week), but I can say how: we get an extra month. I don't know that I've ever been so thankful for 30 days in my life. But I do know that this will be the best 30 days of my life. 

With that being said. I'll be especially aware of miracles on this borrowed time that is given to us in the mission.

Onto the week!

We met a girl who works in a chocolate shop! She is great! we taught her in the shop, and then got chocolate! she gave us testers of pretty intense chocolate! if we keep teaching there i'm going to have to improve my pallet to appreciate that kinda chocolate! haha Teaching about the restored gospel and eating chocolate, is there a better combination?!? It was a great first lesson! It's amazing to see how the Lord really is preparing the people that we teach. We asked her about her thoughts on prophets and God and she was spot on with everything! It was really great.

We also went out a little early in the morning one day after a run to hit the streets and teach people before they get to work (a new idea introduced by President McConkie) it worked wonderfully! Ran into really successful people on their way to work, exactly as we had planned! haha 

in other news i have found the pardubice branch of the toastmasters international. i don't know much but i do remember something from FHS about them. so we'll have to stop by and see what we can do. i think it's about public speaking? I picture it like a fast and testimony meeting with refreshments (?) but without the gospel :/ but we'll certainly take care of the second part (unless they say we can't then we may just talk about our english class :) i wonder if they speak in czech or english! I'll keep you filled in, momma.

We had an exchange with the elders from HK this past week. a great blast! I can't include all of the details, but I was with elder earl (from SLC) and we had a great time teaching and finding. we ran into a young golfing couple! who had a shirt/jersey for the bruins that was the exact same as the one uncle mike sent me! (except the player had a numbr in the 40's i think... 46? maybe?) it was nuts!

sure do love you momma! working on getting the card activated... i'll let you know next week if it doesn't work. i do have it now though.

lvoe you tons!
elder stimpson

No comments:

Post a Comment