How To Send a Christmas Package to Dean

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Elmer Fudd, Tide Pens, and more


2 January 2012
Dearest family!

Firstly, Happy Birthday Granny!!! oh i wish you all the best. and were you in the Czech Republic everyone here would give you a nice firm long handshake while wishing you a great year full of success and great surprises or great achievements or good luck and such. It’s a pretty cool tradition! haha
   
We took a vilet to some castle. Wow. It was amazing attached are a ton of pictures of it. Sorry I would describe them all better but I can’t really tell which are which, but hope you like them all! (don't worry I’m keeping a list of places I will make you all visit on the summer 2013 tour or whenever we get around to it as a fam hahaha)

Everbody: the branch all says hi! i meant to greet during the phone call but i forgot. They’re all so great. I have like 3 other mothers kinda here (as do the other missionaries) who cook for us and teach with us and tell us (mostly elder gleue and I) to wear jackets! hahaha its great. but of course it takes three mommas here to even come close to momma stimpson ;)

and momma, martin (my boy who's gonna get baptized as soon as he realized alcohol and smoking are bad) says thanks for the rice krispie treat. i brought them to our xmas celebration (well some. i couldnt give them all away hahaha) and he really loved them. as did the other missionaries!!
  
in other news on the 31 when Elder Gabrielsen and i left the apt, we ran into a group of about 15 men or so dressed as close to Elmer Fudd as I’ve ever seen with shotguns, hunting dogs and all, walking down the middle of the street. I couldn’t tell if it was like a militia and I should hide all my goods somewhere or if there was a good forest for huntin around! haha. So on Sunday we took the opportunity to ask a local about the hunting situation (ya know cause elders can have guns and all haha) which was pretty crazy. It’s all pretty regulated as you can imagine. But it was a nice realization cause we'd been hearing tons of gun shots around the past few days and I was almost starting to worry about it haha but it got all figured out so that was nice.

Probably the best realization I’ve had on the mission: in worldly things at least haha, I found a stain that the tide pen works on! oddly enough it was some purple kinda something we had on some knedliky and chicken super good. my shirt sleeve and pants thought so too, but thank heavens for me keeping my tide pen even when i had yet to find a stain it worked on, cause I tried it and it worked like a charm! haha couldn't even tell something had happened!

Time is almost up so last thought:

We have some awesome extra time to study this week and we heard about always being a missionary and talking to everybody about the gospel. And then it had the quote from the Savior about being fishers of men. And then ya know you can’t catch fish if your line is out of the water (Dad I can’t remember how many times I had to be reminded of that fly fishing with you haha but I still pulled my line out of the water too much I think, that was a blast tho! oh man. another thing we can do when i get back. the rivers are still good in Oct right? oh well sometime they will be!) but it was great.

last 45 seconds: one of the greatest parts of being a missionary is seeing the change the gospel can bring to peoples lives. it really is amazing and a true blessing. and its happening! Marek (you know him from the tape) is really coming along. It’s beautiful.


love bye

elder stimpson

No comments:

Post a Comment